Tuesday, July 29

Fairy Tales & Nursery Rhymes

When I was young, I probably didn't quite understand the meaning or know the actual words when I was reading books on fairy tales or trying to memorize a nursery rhyme. Because I didn't remember them as so violent and cruel.

Recently, I was trying to cultivate Laetitia to have a habit of reading, so I went to the library and borrowed books on some famous fairy tales and nursery rhymes. I pulled out a nursery rhyme randomly and started reading it aloud to her.


"Three blind mice, three blind mice, See how they run, see how they run, They all ran after the farmer's wife, Who cut off their tails with a carving knife, Did you ever see such a thing in your life, As three blind mice?"


WTF!! I was shocked beyond words. Why is it so bloody? OK, next.


"Bye, baby bumpkin. Where’s Tony Lumpkin. My lady’s on her death-bed, For eating half a pumpkin"


KNN!! This is so morbid lor!! Forget about nursery rhyme, I went on to story book, 'JACK & THE BEANSTALK'.


"Jack took an axe and chop down the beanstalk. The giant tumbled from above and was fallen to death. 'Well done Jack!' His mother praised."


Wah Lao Eh. Jack killed somebody OK!? In the real world, he will be prosecuted for man-slaughter and thrown into the jail where his ass will get fucked by some homo-sexual inmates!


I am so confused. Should I go on to read another fairy tale or nursery rhyme? I don't want to nurture Laetitia into an abusive individual or worst, a psychopathic murderer!






~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



So if the fairy tales were true, I will take a fucking gun and shoot the first man who dare claim to be my fucking prince charming!!

2 comments:

melissa said...

cin, ahaha i didn't even realise lor. Try mother goose stories, like little jack horner, hey diddle diddle, jack and jill...etc. They dun seem violent and negative to me. :) and elliot likes them very much.i hate it though, cos once I started reading to him, he wants it to be read at least 10X!

Anonymous said...

I did read other ones to her, but now I have became more cautious. ALL fairy tales & nursery rhymes must go thru my "censorship" first. Hehe...

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...