Friday, October 1

Laetitia says the darndest things

A few days back, I had a lot of problems with Laetitia behaving badly, to the extent that it was causing me to be so exasperated with her that I was losing my cool too often. It was hurting to hear her mean words, like "I don't like you" or "I don't love Mommy."

So one night, I decided to speak to her about the issue before bed. "Laetitia, Mommy is very upset, you know." I said quite calmly. Laetitia looked up at me and said, "Mommy upset?... Because your cousin passed away?"

I was stunned, I didn't expect that reply. "Erm... yes... I am sad about that too but no, I am more upset when you don't behaving yourself."

I told her about how hurt I was when she said that she don't love me, especially when I had sacrificed so much for her and her baby brother. Then I got more emotional and tears started to flow.

Laetitia was speechless for a while and just stared at me. Then suddenly, she asked, "You want a tissue? I get you a tissue ok?"

I thought that was rather sweet, so I nodded my head and she dashed out of my room.

Then I heard her said excitedly at the top of her voice, "Kaka, Kaka, my Mommy cried. She is sad because her cousin passed away." Following that she went to Mr Hubby and told him, "Daddy, Mommy is sad you know. Mommy cried. You say sorry to her ok. I give her tissue."

At this point, I really don't know if I should laugh or cry. Laetitia, Laetitia, how am I going to do without you!


I am praying hard that the terrible two will be amazingly transformed into terrific three in another 2 month's time.

1 comment:

WildStyleWes said...

Hi, Don't take this the wrong way and just hear me out but I was exploring this website to use it more, apparently found out that "Next Blog" goes to a random blog and was curious read / skimmed through this entry and i felt touched by it.. like the story. and just felt the need to tell you that.

You're very strong, and wish you the best of luck. I know its the internet but rest assured, im not a creepy man, just a 19 year old trying to figure this site out lol.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...