Tuesday, April 9

Where has my baby gone?

I found this video in my old camera. It was Mr. Hubby giving Leonitus a bathe when he was only a few days old. The memories it brought back was priceless!



In a blink of an eye, it had been more than three years since my baby boy was born. These three years were nothing short of magical, I have been blessed with so much love I never knew I would experience since it wasn't the first time I was having a baby.

In the beginning, Leonitus wasn't quite like many babies, smelling all nice and powdery, in fact he smelt a little bit, ok, I admit, very rancid, almost like some oily hair that hadn't wash for days! But I would sniff him and secretly enjoyed his very unique stench! That's love! OK!

He was the best baby ever, so easy to handle, too easy that I hasn't been able to lose much of those pounds I piled up for my pregnancy even up until now! I love to have Leonitus snuggling up to me when he sleeps and make soft snores that is so soothing to listen to. He rarely cried as a baby and was always cheery; he was such a sweet little bundle of joy.

Now that my cheeky monkey has turned three, he is leaving behind babyhood. As a result, he is becoming more resistant to my endless need to cuddle and finding my request to have kisses a little too many. Watching him grows bigger and heavier everyday, I am so going to miss those times where I could hug him tightly and carry him on my hips.



I can never get tired of hearing him say, "I love Mama." when I question who does he love the most. When I pressed on and ask, "How much do you love me?" He will hold up all his fingers and start counting, "1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10...TEN! I love Mama ten!"

Deep down, I know a day will come when that answer would not be "Mama" any more. Maybe it will be "Marilyn" or "Megan" or "Margaret", but that will be alright, because I, his Mama, will always be the first woman my baby loves.

Cherish every single moment you have with your children, for you can never ever turn back time to have them in your arms again. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...