Wednesday, April 30

Keep Calm and Eat Dessert!

Some times work can get pretty crazy. I see some of my co-workers skipping lunch because of stress, I really feel bad for them.

I don't usually feel stressed up easily, but when I do, I crave for desserts! STRESSED spells backward gives you DESSERTS! I know, that's sinful. So why not make some desserts that is healthier, like this Coconut Mango Pudding with real mangoes and very little sugar.




Ingredients for 5 servings:
250ml coconut milk (not coconut cream)
1 cup of mango puree (made from ripe mangoes)
2 tsp of gelatin powder
a pinch of salt
1 tbsp of sugar
optional - mint leaves for decoration (I happened to plant some myself. Organic!)


Instructions:
1. Cut up 2 large mangoes (or 3 small ones).
2. Save some mangoes for decoration later.
3. Put the rest into a food processor and process it until you get a smooth puree.
4. Put coconut milk in a pot, add in the gelatin powder, sugar and salt. Use low heat. Stir to dissolve the gelatin, sugar and salt. Remove from heat before the mixture boil.
5. Mix in the mango puree. Stir thoroughly until the mango puree completely blended with the milk mixture.
6. Pour the mixture through a fine sieve into your pudding containers. I am using wine glasses, but you can use any glass bowls or even plastic cups.
7. Chill for at least 4 hours.
8. Before serving, spoon the cut mangoes cubes onto the pudding and decorate with mint leave if you like.


This recipe gives you a different mango pudding from the ones you normally get from those Hong Kong cafe. It has a distinct coconut flavour and the color is more like a pale mustard than bright orange (because there is no food coloring added). Enjoy and de-stress!



No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...