Friday, August 22

Beauty is... more than skin deep?

I know, when everyone is going ga-ga over ways to make themselves more beautiful, here I am saying things like the title of this entry. Most people would respond like, "Chey! 内在美 is talk cock one lor!"

No, I am not starting a topic on ugly woman heart of gold = chio bu!

I am referring to people who didn't even have the basic criteria to be judged upon. People who are born deprived of skin!

For a moment, I was equally obsessed with surgical intervention that I could use to cut and manipulate my skin to produce admirable looks and desirable bodies. Then I remember watching the documentary on "Butterfly Children". They are children born with rare genetic disease that caused their skin to blister and peel off layers after layers. And they too needs multiple surgeries to their skin, but not for vanity, just so in order to STAY ALIVE!




I WAS FUCKING SHALLOW TO THINK THAT BEAUTY HAS ANYTHING TO DO WITH SKIN!

The beauty of most of the Butterfly Children, is not even on or in their skin; their beauties can be seen from the way they live their lives. They treasure every living moment and try to live to their fullest, even though many would probably not make it pass their 35th birthday!



When Laetitia grows up, I hope she can understand beauty is never about appearance, it is always about how you live your life!

And for the matter, DAMN! I AM FEEL FUCKING BEAUTIFUL TODAY!!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...