Thursday, January 1

Resolution 2009

Before 2007, I never had any New Year resolutions because I didn't believe that I have the will to do anything. But that was the old me. I reckon that writing a list of resolutions that is as long as the toilet roll that you use for wiping your ass, will only end up in the toilet bowl. The key to success is to just focus on ONE goddamn "mission impossible" type of task and give yourself one full year as timeline to turn it possible.



In 2007, I wrote that I wanted to quit smoking. I had already been smoking for 13 years then; nobody, including myself, would believe that I was serious about quitting it. But I did it, although it wasn't easy. After 2 months of sneaking and hiding just to puff cigs, I went cold turkey and had the habit kicked on its butt! I am still smoke-free after 22 months.



In 2008, after giving birth to Laetitia, I was 14 kg heavier! Without a doubt, that year's resolution was to shed off all those additional pounds and to return to my pre-natal weight. Miraculously, I achieved that too! I can now wear ALL my pre-natal clothes, including jeans!



So 2009... what's my resolution?



Are you ready to see it?

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



I want to learn DRIVING and get my hands on a driver's license before the year end! Then I can ferry Mr Hubby to the airport when he goes on business trips and then drive Laetitia and myself to places we wanna go without taking a cab or relying on others.


BEWARE! The blur queen who once thought the speed camera was an abandoned refrigerator and mistook the shadows of lamp post as pedestrian would be taking the road any time in 2009!



But at the very least, I am very familiar with Singapore's roads; in fact, I am almost a walking street-directory. Ask those drivers who had called me frantically to ask to help when they were lost.



Ok, to get license... what must I do first? Highway code? Find a driving centre? Or what?



Shit! Look's like this year's resolution is gonna be so much more challenging for me!






No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...