Monday, January 5

Unconditional Love

Ok, this entry maybe be offensive to some people, so if you are the sensitive type, perhaps you should stop reading... or better still, you should just refrain yourself from visiting "my explicit world"! Because this controversial place is simply unfit for some.



.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.



If you are still reading, you should be able to take what is known as "MY OWN PERSONAL OPINION" and it has NOTHING, absolutely NOTHING to do with anyone or anything, for that matters.



****************





I, for one, had never believe and still refuse to believe that "unconditional love" can exist between 2 physically able, psychologically sound, sexually active persons who live in the civilization of our cosmopolitan city.


When it comes to love between 2 non-platonic homo sapiens of the opposite sex, there bound to be some kind of conditions involved, so that "love", itself can be sustained. The conditions are not to be something written down in black and white like that of some pre-nuptial contract or like a list of 'must-have' criteria, but still, we will only love under certain reasonable conditions.


No matter how emotional we might seem, there is a side of us that is cognitive. Because of this, we are able to condition the way we love our partners however subjectively it might be. When we say things like "I love him because he has done so much for me." or "I love her because she is so caring", these already are examples of conditions to love.


Let's just put it in this way. Would you still love your partner if the person do things to hurt you on a daily basis? Or would you still love him/her if the person screams at you everyday, ignores you all the time, spits food at your face, chains you up, tries to abandon you, spend all your money on drinks and not give you a dime, etc? I bet you wouldn't. If you still would, you better go book an appointment with a shrink before you become Glenn Close of Fatal Attraction! In short, you must be SICK!


But, of course, there is unconditional love, it is just not happening between a man and a woman. I see it a lot, with parents and their children. Even if the child is deformed, sick or just different, the parents would not deny the child of love.


Dogs and their owners are equally amazing. Dogs love their owners, regardless of the man being a pauper or a millionaire, regardless how much or how little love is being reciprocated by the owners; the dogs only know how to love without pride nor prejudice.


For now, my love for my baby is profoundly unconditional. I get screamed at by her frequently. She spat food, but missed my face. She "tortured" me for her own amusement. But I swear I will give my life for her.


On the other hand, my dog, Oki, loves me unconditionally too. He gets chained up nightly (because he peed EVERYWHERE when all goes to sleep). He knew that I had fallen in love with somebody else because I ignores him whenever he tries to get my attention with his desperate tactics. And I even had thoughts (in the past) to give him away. But I am sure, if given a choice, he will give his life to have me love him like before.



Ya! Unconditional love is not the prettiest thing, most of the time!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...