If I die one day, would I have anything that I might want to pass on to my kids so that I can be remembered by. That afternoon, I showed Laetitia how to make a simple dish, using 'recycled' bread from our fridge. I know she would surely love my recipe for Bread and Butter Pudding. And I was right! Laetitia couldn't stop eating it.
Half cup of brown sugar (white sugar will do too)
A handful of raisins
1 tsp of vanilla essence
A pinch of salt
About 2 tbsp of butter for greasing the pan and buttering the bread.
1) Preheat oven at 175 degree and grease a 24cm x 20cm baking tin well with some butter.
2) Cut the bread up into quarter or smaller pieces and butter both sides of all pieces of bread.
3) Beat up the eggs lightly and pour in the milk, then whisk them up gently.
4) Pour in the sugar, vanilla essence and salt. Continue to whisk until the mixture is consistent.
5) Line the bread pieces up in the baking tin, sprinkle some raisins on top and pour in half of the mixture, passing through a sieve.
6) Lay a second layer of bread pieces, sprinkle the rest of the raisins and pour in the remaining of the mixture, passing through a sieve.
Tomorrow, I would be having a surgery to remove the pre-cancerous cells found in my cervix. I know, many of you might be worried reading about this. But please chill, you would be helping me, by believing that I would do well.
If you are still feeling down for me, use my recipe and bake yourself some delicious Bread and Butter Pudding. Trust me, baking therapy does you good!