Monday, July 16

My Purple Muffins

I couldn't resist the purple sweet potatoes when I was doing my grocery shopping last weekend because purple is my favourite color. Hahaha... Not just that, but I was scouting for a new recipe for my muffins and purple sweet potatoes seem quite exotic for muffins and healthy too.

Here are the ingredients for 15 small muffins:

*115g of self-raising flour (mine is gluten-free)
*100g of white sugar (I made my muffins not too sweet because they are meant for my children, you can add more sugar if you like them sweeter)
*a pinch of salt
*1 egg, medium size
*55g of butter, melted and cooled to room temperature (I substitute butter for olive canola spread)
*230g of purple sweet purple, steamed or baked then mashed up slightly (sweet potato of other colors are just fine, but I just love purple!)
*100ml of milk (mine is soy-milk)
*50g of chopped nuts (I used almond)



Here is how you do it:

Preheat your oven at 175 degree.

First, add milk to the sweet potatoes and mashed them up slightly. Leave some chunks of sweet potatoes, they will give your muffins a wonderful texture.



Then add in the egg and mix it well with the sweet potatoes.



After the egg is completely blended with the sweet potatoes, add in the melted butter, bit by bit and stirred until they are well mixed up.



In another bowl, mix the flour, sugar and salt up with a whisk, then add in the sweet potatoes mixture. Fold the dry ingredients over the wet ingredients until the mixture is consistent.



Lastly, fold in the chopped nuts.



Scoop the mixtures into baking tray lined with muffin cups. Filled up to 3/4 full will do.



Baked them in the oven for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.



Delicious and naturally colored muffins are done! Love purple!



Soft and fluffy. It's good to eat it on its own.


But I like mine wedged with a thick slice of salted butter. Mmmmmm... so sinfully good. It's impossible to stop at just one!



My purple sweet potato muffin recipe can be used for gluten and dairies free baking as well as normal baking.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...